Technical Support Engineer (TSE)
Canberra, Australia – HQ Office
Canberra, Australia – HQ Office
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for ensuring B2B customer success through a range of activities including, but not limited to, providing technical support, troubleshooting & training activities to customers and development of outward facing technical documentation.
In this role, you will monitor and respond to technical support requests in a prompt, polite and professional manner, gather diagnostic information, provide advice on installation, trouble shooting and use of QuintessenceLabs’ products, and resolve customers’ technical problems within specified Support Agreement timelines.
Provide advice to customers on the proper use of Quintessence Labs’ cyber-products and resolve challenging technical issues using your knowledge of the product, hardware platforms, typical interfaces and software
- Generate and maintain customer support accounts (including tracking version information, customer contacts, software and hardware delivery entitlements, etc.)
- Conduct field repairs on QuintessenceLabs’ products
- Provide technical support and an exceptional level of professional customer service to an extensive customer base
- Act as technical expert and level 2 engineer for support team members
- Review and provide user documentation feedback to technical writers
- Assist in merging documentation changes to existing documentation
- Development and authoring of Knowledge Based Article libraries
- Implement improvements in the in-house Download Server (customer portal)
- With your colleagues, it will be your responsibility to act as a first responder and point of contact when customer problems arise according to a roster managed by the Customer Success Lead. Some out of standard business hours work will be required due to the nature of the job.
Qualifications and requirements:
Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related disciplines with some related experience providing technical support or operations / project delivery in appropriate environments.
Experience with complex software configurations, networking, TCP/IP communications, database connectivity, SQL.
Basic to intermediate knowledge of C or C++. Knowledge of programming in scripting languages such as Python and PHP is desirable.
The Technical Support Engineer should be proficient in using written and verbal means of engaging and communicating with colleagues, customers and suppliers in a mature, professional, and empathetic manner, without compromising good business processes. This includes remaining calm under pressure, displaying a genuine willingness to help customers succeed, and displaying a curiosity and capacity to learn QuintessenceLabs’ products.
We highly value people with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, see the big picture and act accordingly.
We also look for those with an understanding of:
- Microsoft Office tools
- The use of software issue tracking tools, including externally facing customer support tools
How to Apply:
To put your best foot forward and become part of the team please send a cover note plus concise resume to [email protected].
Additional information about the role can be sourced from Mr. Varun Ghai (Customer Success Lead):
Phone: +61 2 6260 4922
QuintessenceLabs is the leader in quantum cyber-security solutions. We are pushing back the boundaries of what is possible in data security, to let our customers push boundaries of their own.
Our quantum cyber-security solutions deliver the strongest foundation for data protection, harnessing the power of nature. They include a leading key and policy manager, an embedded high speed quantum random number generator, and the safety of a secure key store. In parallel, QuintessenceLabs is at the forefront of the development of advanced quantum key distribution technology protecting sensitive data assets from the most sophisticated threats. Our customers and partners include major banks, government , defense and cloud service providers.
QuintessenceLabs was founded in Canberra, Australia and has an office in the San Jose, California.